Bank One (Mauritius)
About the Bank
Bank One, formerly known as the First City Bank, was established in 1997. In 2008 it went through a major re-branding exercise, followed by take-over by CIEL Investment Ltd (50%) and I&M Bank Limited (50%).
It’s is a universal bank providing services to all customer segments: Retail, Private, Corporate, SME, and International Banking. Financial solutions include transaction and deposit accounts, personal finance, trade finance, corporate finance and capital market services as well as a host of unique banking services. It offers a range of traditional and non-traditional wealth management products and has tied up with a number of Indian fund providers.
Required Corporate Documents
- Board Resolution authorising account opening
- Global Business Licence (if applicable)
- Certificate of Good Standing (if applicable)
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association / Constitution
- Register of Members and Directors
- Background information (Prospectus / Annual Report / Financial Statements)
- Business Plan
- Organogram, showing company’s structure
Required Personal Documents
For Shareholders above 20%, Directors, Beneficial Owners, Ultimate Beneficial Owners and Authorised Signatories:
- ID Card / current valid Passport
- Recent Proof of Address i.e. Recent Utility Bill / Bank or Credit Card Statement
- Bank Reference letter
Note: all the documents must be in English or French and notarized.
No personal visit is required.
No initial deposit requirement.
No minimum balance requirement.
View and transactional internet banking.
Debit and Credit Cards
Bank does not offer any debit/credit card.
Time Required for Account Opening
10 working days, once all required documents provided.
Accounts are offered in all major currencies.
- Telegraphic transfer – 0.15% (min USD 30, max USD 75)
- Telegraphic transfer – free of charge
- Cash deposit – 0.1%, min USD 10
- Account closure – USD 25
- Bank reference letter – USD 50
- Ledger fees – USD 50 (semi-annually)